The following prices are in US dollars, but we would appreciate if your payment is made in peruvian currency, which you can withdraw at ATMs located in the city. 100% of the placement and accomodation fee is paid upon arrival in Huaraz.
- Arrangement and confirmation of your individually tailored volunteer program
- Airport pickup and escorted bus transport from Lima to Huaraz
- Organization of your homestay accommodation
- Orientation about Huaraz and the surrounding area
- Training sessions with Luis Delgado about liaising with Peruvian people, teaching techniques and working with students
- Organization of Spanish lessons or tutorials if desired
- Arrangement of any cultural activities of interest
- Help and assistance in purchasing bus and tour tickets to explore the local area and beyond
- 24 hour support from Luis Delgado and his family for the duration of your volunteering program
Homestay Accommodation, food, and board with the Delgado Family
$110 per week or $420 per month.
- Private bedroom and bathroom, with hot water
- 3 meals a day shared with the family or the option to prepare your own meals in a separate kitchen at a reduced fee when the volunteer is a complete vegetarian or a vegan.
- Laundry facilities
- Shopping service for personal items, such as toilet paper, laundry detergent, toothpaste etc
- Opportunity to become an integral part of Peruvian family life
Option 1 - Spanish Course
2 week, 20 hour intensive personalized to any level for $150
Option 2 – Hourly Tutorials
Private hourly tutorials for $10 per hour
Some activities may require a small fee to be paid, please let us know your area of interest and we will advise you further.
Volunteers that choose to support the Future THP Orphanage and its building construction may like to help with the fund raising. Check "Volunteering" link for more information.